Sally's Birth & Postpartum DONA Doula Services
Hi, my name is Sally and I'm a DONA trained birth and postpartum doula serving the Greater Philadelphia Area. I offer customized support based on the unique needs of each family using a 4-part emphasis:
Caring 4 Self, Caring 4 Baby(s), Caring 4 family, and Caring 4 All.
This includes hands-on helping experience with: Breast Feeding, Alternative Feeding, Adoption, Multiple Births, Natural Childbirth, Medication-Assisted Childbirth, C-Section Births, NICU babies, babies with disabilities and more.
Short-term or long-term doula packages can include any of the following:
- Postpartum maternal care
- Hands on education in newborn care, sleep, calming and soothing, and development
- In-home breastfeeding or bottle feeding education and support
- Sibling integration and bonding
- Support for twins and multiples
- Day and/or night support in your home
- Customized parent education and postpartum care
- Mother-baby and dad/partner-baby bonding assistance
- Babywearing assistance, education, and demonstrations
- Questions? Ask Me Anything!!
- Help to organize the nursery and home
- Grocery shopping and light meal preparation
- Create a nurturing restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower, and nap
- Parent coaching to help you get comfortable in your new parenting role
- Household management assistance
- Mom and couple self-care support
- Education about postpartum depression and prevention techniques
- Connecting you with local resources
Postpartum doulas do not provide medical services or treatment for mother or baby. A doula is not a babysitter, or a “heavy” household cleaner, nor is she a taxi service, a discipliner, or a chef.
Postpartum doula care can be started within 3 months of the birth. Times and dates are at the mothers needs and convenience. Postpartum I generally spend 2-5 days with you for anywhere from 30 minutes up to the length of time you need. I have worked with families anywhere from a few days to several months depending on needs.